May 19, 2010

Saying thanks


The nurse I had at the ER was amazing. The ER was packed, there was no bed for me, I was in tears from pain/anxiety and she was calm, efficient and reassuring. I knew she was keeping an eye on me as she came in and out of her triage room with other patients. She kept me up to date on my lab results as they came back and I felt very cared for through what could have been a scary experience.


Having the Little One at daycare this week allowed me to get a little sewing done (between naps!). I wanted to sew the nurse something to say thanks, so I turned to an old standby: stitching patchwork onto a towel. When I went to my post-op visit, on the hospital campus, I dropped it off for her with a little card.


This towel came together nice and quick so I made another one and took pictures of the process. You can probably see how I did them, but expect a tutorial in the near-ish future to eliminate any questions.

2 comments:

Christy Amular said...

Hope you're feeling better! Thank God for human angels.

Jenna Gayle said...

That's so very sweet and pretty! I'm glad you're doing well and I will be on the look out for that tutorial ;)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thank you for coming by!